Monday, August 2, 2010

What I am reading right now


Preparing to a Help Meet by Debi Pearl

A new addition to the well written Christ-based books, she and her husband Michael have written. It is sort of what you could call a prequal to Created to be His Help Meet, which is geared towards married women. This book is written to unmarried women.
I read Created to be His Help Meet first, not because I am married but it explains in great detail the manner of a conservative, Godly woman. God set of strict guide-lines for women, that are very diverse from that of men. Not in that men are superior, but because there is an order God set up, for good reason. It has given me great peace about the calling God has for me and every other woman. To be chaste, discreet, modest, virtuous, diligent. It is amazing to me how much focus and emphasis God has put on the role of women. The role of a mother, a sister, a daughter, is vital.
The description God gives us as a virtuous woman(Proverbs 31:10-31) is beautiful! It is inspiring, and just reading it gives me the desire to be better. It's amazing. God created woman to nuture, to care, to have emotion, to be beautiful in our chastity. I encourage any girl or woman to read, and get inspired!

2 comments:

  1. I've read Created To Be His Help Meet as well! It is amazing how important our behavior is. The power we have is more than I ever imagined! I'm impressed that you've already read it! I haven't read the one your reading but maybe I will soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello......I am so glad that you came and signed up to follow. Thank you! I had to come over and say hello. I have to tell you this book saved our son and his wife's marriage. I can't say that I agree with all of Debbie's writing.......but the truth of the word stands out strong and that we can stand on. Wonderful! I will come back when I have more time. Working on the blog party I am having on my blog......today we pick someone! Yea!!!!
    Hugs and may the Lord bless you today........Linda

    ReplyDelete

A sample of my strange taste in music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones